My media consumption💕

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
I don't read newspapers but I see news pop ups on snapchat
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
celebrity drama / what's happening in the world 
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
Daily mail , The sun they always pop up and have more relevant news to me and they update it frequently 

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why                          \
I used to read newspapers when I was younger like top of the pops but I don't anymore
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
2 hour - I don't watch television I'm always on Netflix
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
evening
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
Love Island , the drama is interesting 
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who dec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ides what you will watch?
I watch it alone or with my best friend 
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
I use catch up demand if I want to rewatch an episode of keeping up with the kardashians.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
Yes, if I'm sat in a car.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
capital and kiss as they play popular pop music 
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
sometimes
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
a YouTube I watch released a podcast and I also listen to zodiac sign podcasts
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
maybe 4 hours
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
evening for podcast and for radio it depends on when I'm in the car 
  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
on my phone or in the car
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
eating😭
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
my mum listens to the same radio music as me as were sat in the same car.

Film
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
fast 9 and The purge 
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I use Netflix and Disney plus
  • Who else watched the films with you?
friends and family
  • Who decided what films to watch?
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
tv, laptop, phone

Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
everywhere
  • What are the main sites that you access?
prettylittlething, Netflix ,youtube 
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
entertainment and online shopping
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
even though its bad I always have my phone in my hand
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
my mobile phone
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
instagram and snapchat

Reflection

I will have to stop using my phone and going on social media as often as I do as I'm starting my A Levels now ill be using the internet mainly to revise. I can't completely cut social media out but my usage should definitely decrease   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Paper 1: Learner response

Blog feedback and learner response

Teen Vogue: Audience and Representation